The two-part day will begin with a talk on bra measurements from experts, Shana and Anita from Tryst Lingerie. The afternoon workshop will cover how to take proper measurements for both men and women, how to pin garments during fittings as well as how to perform simple alterations.
Tickets are available for individual sessions or the full day for both CAFTCAD members and non-members. To purchase CLICK HERE. More details about each session below:
10:30am-12:00pm Bra Measurements Talk with Tryst Lingerie
Shana and Anita will be providing an overview on the following:
- How to determine someone's size by measuring, eyeballing and talking to the person
- Things to consider when buying bras and lingerie for someone who isn't there to try it on
- How to make adjustments to make bras fit that are not quite right and how to calculate alternative sized bras
- Solution Products on the market that relate to undergarments such as stick on bras and body tapes.
1:00pm-5:00pm Measurements, Fittings and Basic Alterations with Izzy Camilleri
During this four-hour workshop the following will be covered:
- Measurements: Instruction on how to take proper measurements including how to trace a hand and foot.
- Fittings: Instruction on how to fit different types of clothing, such as jackets, pants, skirts and tops. This will include following through from starting point to finish point with pinning and a demonstration on hemming sleeves. Correct labeling for providing alteration instructions will also be covered.
- Alterations: This will cover basic alterations and including how to sew on a button and how to hem pants, or skirts. Repairing seams that have come apart will also be included.
Participants attending the afternoon session only need to bring a pair of scissors, all other materials will be provided.
Email and questions to email@example.com.